Spring is almost here and that means the winter thaw is upon us. As the temperatures rise, we begin digging out of our driveways and hitting the road in our rides. But after a long winter, filled with freezing temperatures and slushy roads, it’s important to give our cars the attention they need to operate at their peak performance this spring. Being located in Illinois gives those of us at Schaumburg Toyota an advantage: we’re familiar with winter weather and how to prepare your Toyota used cars or new Toyota SUVs for transitioning from season to season. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Messy winter weather has a tendency to wreck your exterior and interior, so it’s a great idea to give your car a full cleaning, inside and out.
- Change oil and filter for optimal performance and it’s also a good time to rotate tires and replace them, if necessary.
- While you’re at it, check the wheel alignment. Winter is notorious for potholes and they can wreak havoc on a vehicle’s calibration.
- Replace torn wiper blades to keep them operating correctly and fill the fluid, if needed.
- Check brake pads, fluid, and battery for any wear or connection issues.
Although many people like to do their own maintenance, we always recommend taking your car to a dealership for routine maintenance or repairs. If you’re looking for a Toyota dealer near Des Plaines, IL, bring it into our state-of-the-art Toyota service center. Our certified technicians know exactly what your vehicle needs to be spring-ready and will make sure you’re on the top of your safety and performance game this season. Let Schaumburg Toyota be the one-stop dealership for all of your vehicle needs!